Storage of info collected on Custom Product Forms - Google drive linkable?

Site URL: https://www.chandosatelier.co.uk/

Hello! I was wondering, I sell Creativity Clubs and I collect a lot of info on custom product forms at the checkout (names, classes, emergency contact, email etc). But these forms don’t have an option to store the info collected, unlike the form blocks I use in other places on my site. 
Is it possible to attach these forms to a Google drive? I do so much cutting and pasting of info when 120 places are sold each term!

Fingers crossed you have the answer for me!
  • Replies 5
  • Views 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Data from Custom Checkout Forms is only saved with order data (as accessed from the Orders panel). There isn't a feature that will automatically extract this information and save it in a spreadsheet or separate database. As you mention, this is only possible with standard Form Blocks.

The only way to extract Custom Checkout Form data is using relatively complex third-party developer or workflow tools that can extract data using the Squarespace Orders API (see similar posts about automation) or by doing it manually. 

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

3 minutes ago, chandosatelier said:

Could I add a button to a custom form as a requirement of purchasing do you think?

You cannot link to another form from a checkout page because this page does not allow any custom code.

You can only prompt for another form on the product page before they add to the cart or after purchase - on the order confirmed page and in the order confirmed email notification. Of course, you have no guarantee they will complete it after purchase, so it may take excessive administration to manage. 🙂

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.