How to Remove Time in Multi-date Events Block

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.frankmeuschke.com/upcoming-classes-events/2022/6/5/shifting-landscape-class

Hi. For this events page, Wells Template, I have a multi day class that is on different days. To make the template-forced this date -that date make any sense, it's best to remove the time. What is the code injection to change only this event to have no time included on both the event list page and the independent event page? https://www.frankmeuschke.com/upcoming-classes-events/2022/6/5/shifting-landscape-class

I've noticed on some other poster's attempts to remove the time, the comma after the year remains -I can also see that is an independent element in my inspector. How to make sure that is removed would also be helpful and look a lot better.

If I cannot remove the time only, I am willing to remove the whole date and time for only this event.

Thank you.

Edited by Frank_Mound
added information
  • Solution
On 4/20/2022 at 8:36 PM, Frank_Mound said:

I have a multi day class that is on different days. What is the code injection to change only this event to have no time included on both the event list page and the independent event page?

You should be remove the times (and the commas!) from multi-day events by adding the following to Design > Custom CSS:

/* Hide times for multi-day events */ 
.eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-time, .eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-date .event-date:after {
  display: none;
}
.event-list-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-time, .event-list-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-date .event-date:after {
}

This should apply to any template showing events on an Events Page in list format.

Example:

image.png.796b83b8252adcb9991a416fbd79cbf2.png

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

You should be remove the times (and the commas!) from multi-day events by adding the following to Design > Custom CSS:

/* Hide times for multi-day events */ 
.eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-time, .eventitem--multiday .eventitem-meta-date .event-date:after {
}
.event-list-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-time, .event-list-time .eventlist-event--multiday .eventlist-meta-date .event-date:after {
}

This should apply to any template showing events on an Events Page in list format.

Example:

image.png.796b83b8252adcb9991a416fbd79cbf2.png

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

I believe it has worked! Thank you. So, the case is that any multiday event will have no times (and commas!) in the future, correct?  There's no way to do individual events, only?

12 minutes ago, Frank_Mound said:

There's no way to do individual events, only?

Can you give an example of when you’d want times on a multi-way event?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Ideally...I have an online class that is held 7-8:30 each day, but the it begins with one session on a Sunday, then afterward it is on four Mondays, until the final class. That was the problem I was trying to solve, but just removed the times for a cleaner look and put that info in the description.