Client wants to know which is more valuable - an investment in a website or an investment in other advertising strategies.

Hi friends, I need some counsel.

I have a client who - after receiving my quote for his web design - is asking a good question, "I am trying to decide what the return on investment is in a website currently or spend the money on marketing.  What are your thoughts?"

I really don't know how to answer that question as I don't purchase advertising for clients nor do I know how to quantify the value of the sort of marketing he is interested in. Any thoughts?????

• Replies 2
  • Views 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

My two cents: it all depends on the client's goals and priorities. If the kind of advertising they are considering involves pointing people to a website where they will convert into leads/customers/etc then I think you can make a good argument for investing a quality website first, so that later investments in advertising aren't wasted on a website that doesn't convert visitors.

This is also a great opportunity to make sure your website proposal includes a measurement plan — if the client wants to run paid traffic to the site they will want some insight into whether that investment is paying off!

- Ed 

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services