White Space at the bottom of the page

Site URL: https://www.aspiringdatascientist.net/community

Hello,

I have been trying to remove the white space at the bottom of my page but i cant seem to find a workaround (I have tried the suggestions from similar posts in the blog but they dont seem to work).

The white space is not present in mobile nor in my laptop screen but when I use bigger screens it creeps in at the bottom of the page.

Is there any way I can fix it? I have also tried adjusting Spacing (Site Styles --> Site Margin) but none of the values fix it. 

I am in version 7.1.

My site is https://www.aspiringdatascientist.net/community and the code is 1989.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Alex

Edited by alex_vamvakaris
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, alex_vamvakaris said:

I have been trying to remove the white space at the bottom of my page

It is "empty" space rather than "white" space and is because the page isn't very long. 🙂

Adding content to the end of the page such as a Spacer Block would make the page longer and avoid the empty area.

However, if you want the length of the page to be fixed, you can only do this with some Custom CSS that fixes the height of the page, usually to 100% of the vertical height:

height: 100vh!important;   or  min-height: 100vh!important;

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

That did fix the issue for the higher resolution screens but my laptop screen (lower resolution) now does this wierd thing as you can see in the video below.

Any way I can make it full screen - so no option to scroll up and down - for all or most screen resolutions or I am being too optimistic? 🙂

Also this fix has broken the mobile version of the page

image.thumb.png.dd69d0389f716616f6e7069116fce114.png

Edited by alex_vamvakaris
  • 2 months later...

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my page- white space at the bottom. Squarespace customer support says this is because I don't have that much stuff on the page. I'd like to use the CSS fix Paul mentioned, but I'm unfamiliar for the most part with that process and I'm looking for some help. When I go into "Design" and then "Custom CSS," do I then just copy/paste "min-height: 100vh!important" onto the next line? Thanks!