Hiding header links but not social and cart links on a single page

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, CRMarketing said:

Looking for a way to customize my header on one page only to remove the links but leave the social buttons as well as the cart button

On which page?

On both desktop and mobile, or desktop only?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 minutes ago, CRMarketing said:

On a page that is still private right now

When a page is private, we can't see the page's unique Collection ID and so can't provide you with the exact CSS. However, I can get you started and you can then identify the ID yourself using this guide: 

How to apply CSS to one Squarespace page.

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS and then substitute the Collection ID when ready:

#collection-618537d8d688c137ce79dd1c .header-nav-wrapper, .header-menu-nav-folder-content {
    display: none;
}

This example shows the Collection ID of the About page, so if you test it now (after saving the CSS and view the site whilst not logged on, you'll see that the nav is hidden on the About page.

Was this post informative? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

VERY helpful, thank you! I got the collection ID and I copy/pasted the coding you included but it's not working. Perhaps because I already added some coding to put a custom logo on the page? See page custom CSS below with the collection you included at the bottom...

image.thumb.png.136c867ac8be090b3a82d8a657e2f649.png

1 hour ago, CRMarketing said:

See page custom CSS below

That’s the page code injection 🙂. Custom CSS is in Design > Custom CSS.

17 minutes ago, CRMarketing said:

I tried your link but it still doesn't work.

Squarespace are currently managing a technical issue ("bug) that is preventing CSS from working whilst logged on, so you may want to test it when not logged in by going to https://www.graberco.com/shop/?noredirect.

See my information post below (from Friday):

Was this post informative? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

The only other suggestion I can give is to add “!important” (without the quotes) just before the semicolon. This isn’t something that I can troubleshoot without access to the page to view it 🙂.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:52 PM, CRMarketing said:

Still did not work but I appreciate your persistence. I did "hide" the header and footer and am thinking of customizing the page instead. Do you know any way I can inject code on the page to include the shopping cart next to the text?

image.thumb.png.a99ec4016aa1dc7021e60435a2a8229b.png

What is password? We can check easier

Edited by tuanphan

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)