Jump to content

*despertate* for help with animation on hover

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://ruby-herring-z3b2.squarespace.com/

Hi everyone! 

I have been trying to solve this problem for weeks now with no luck. I know the answer is going to be relatively obvious, but so far, nothing. 

I would like for the navigation on the site below to have the same hover animation as the main navigation as this site. (Wavy)

https://ruby-herring-z3b2.squarespace.com/

password: summersidenew

 

I have tried: 

Javascript and CSS animations (with no luck) but I know it's because I am just missing SOMETHING. 

Edited by AshleyThomas
Link to comment
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, AshleyThomas said:

Site URL: https://ruby-herring-z3b2.squarespace.com/

Hi everyone! 

I have been trying to solve this problem for weeks now with no luck. I know the answer is going to be relatively obvious, but so far, nothing. 

I would like for the navigation on the site below to have the same hover animation as the main navigation as this site. (Wavy)

https://ruby-herring-z3b2.squarespace.com/

password: summersidenew

 

I have tried: 

Javascript and CSS animations (with no luck) but I know it's because I am just missing SOMETHING. 

Do you mean the hover effect when your cursor moves over header navigator?

image.thumb.png.d546f1c704d207659ae3d942418ebc8a.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
On 4/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, AshleyThomas said:

Yes, that's the one! 

With services item, try edit services text with this code

<em>S</em><em>e</em><em>r</em><em>v</em><em>i</em><em>c</em><em>e</em><em>s</em>
      

Next, add this to Design > Custom CSS

div.header-nav-item a em {
    animation-direction: reverse !important;
    font-style: normal;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(1) {
    animation-delay: .1s !important;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(2) {
    animation-delay: .15s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(3) {
    animation-delay: .2s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(4) {
    animation-delay: .25s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(5) {
    animation-delay: .3s;
}

div.header-nav-item a:hover em {
    animation: jumb 0.5s !important;
    -webkit-animation: jumb 0.5s !important;
    animation-iteration-count: 1;
}

@keyframes jumb {
    0% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }

    50% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(-15px);
        transform: translateY(-15px)
    }

    100% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }
}

@-webkit-keyframes jumb {
    0% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }

    50% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(-15px);
        transform: translateY(-15px)
    }

    100% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
On 4/18/2022 at 7:36 AM, tuanphan said:

With services item, try edit services text with this code

<em>S</em><em>e</em><em>r</em><em>v</em><em>i</em><em>c</em><em>e</em><em>s</em>
      

Next, add this to Design > Custom CSS

div.header-nav-item a em {
    animation-direction: reverse !important;
    font-style: normal;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(1) {
    animation-delay: .1s !important;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(2) {
    animation-delay: .15s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(3) {
    animation-delay: .2s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(4) {
    animation-delay: .25s;
}

div.header-nav-item a em:nth-of-type(5) {
    animation-delay: .3s;
}

div.header-nav-item a:hover em {
    animation: jumb 0.5s !important;
    -webkit-animation: jumb 0.5s !important;
    animation-iteration-count: 1;
}

@keyframes jumb {
    0% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }

    50% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(-15px);
        transform: translateY(-15px)
    }

    100% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }
}

@-webkit-keyframes jumb {
    0% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }

    50% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(-15px);
        transform: translateY(-15px)
    }

    100% {
        -webkit-transform: translateY(0px);
        transform: translateY(0px)
    }
}

 

 

Hey! Thank you for this! I am unable to edit the "Services" as it's a header item, so I can't use the <em> part.  

Link to comment
On 4/20/2022 at 9:25 AM, AshleyThomas said:

 

Hey! Thank you for this! I am unable to edit the "Services" as it's a header item, so I can't use the <em> part.  

Do you use SS 7.1? You should able to edit nav items.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.