Displaying product SKU on product page

Site URL: http://www.vitalcaretechnology.com

Hello. Has anyone been able to find a way to display product SKUs on their product pages? We have just come over to squarespace from another platform and have lots of customers that know the SKUs of our products and search for them (I have inserted a search function in our header) by those custom SKUs. Is there a way to display them on the product pages so that they can be searched? This also comes in handy as a way for the customer to double check what they are ordering. 

10 minutes ago, bbbynewton said:

We..have lots of customers that know the SKUs of our products and search for them by those custom SKUs. Is there a way to display them on the product pages so that they can be searched?

Squarespace is a fantastic platform overall, but the on-platform search is not fit for purpose and isn't suitable for product discovery. It cannot find a product by SKU.

A developer could write code to add SKUs to product pages programmatically, but this would only allow customers to see the SKU on the page they are viewing; it wouldn't make the SKUs searchable.

For them to be searchable, you'll need to manually add each SKU to each product description - by editing each product. This obviously adds a further level of administration, as well as the possibility of user error, but it is currently the only way to achieve this.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...