“ Domain connected to another square space website“

That’s the message I get so I am unable to point my domain name at a SS Website. The trouble is I don’t have any access or see any reference to this supposed other webpage anywhere I look.

Two people have literally spent hours sifting through both Go Daddy and Squarespace trying to resolve this but to no avail.

Any helpful insight might help keep me out of Betty Ford.

TYIA

Edited by Zoomzoom

I recommend you get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care and ask them to help you to troubleshoot this as they'll have access to the backend tools that forum users don't.

At this time of day you should be able to contact them for an interactive online chat or log a ticket.

If you'd like the forum community to help, please provide us with the domain name.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

I recommend you get in touch with Squarespace Customer Care and ask them to help you to troubleshoot this as they'll have access to the backend tools that forum users don't.

At this time of day you should be able to contact them for an interactive online chat or log a ticket.

If you'd like the forum community to help, please provide us with the domain name.

Thanks 

The domain is:

www.snowboundkennels.com

3 hours ago, Zoomzoom said:

The domain is: www.snowboundkennels.com

This domain name appears to be managed on GoDaddy but is not yet connected to a Squarespace website as the correct CNAME and A records don't exist. You'll need to create the correct records either automatically using this guide or manually using this second guide.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

This domain name appears to be managed on GoDaddy but is not yet connected to a Squarespace website as the correct CNAME and A records don't exist. You'll need to create the correct records either automatically using this guide or manually using this second guide.

It tells me I need to disconnect my domain from the square space website it currently points to but I don’t know of that website, see that website on any screen I can navigate to so I have no way of disconnecting it…..?

2 hours ago, Zoomzoom said:

It tells me I need to disconnect my domain from the Squarespace website it currently points to but I don’t know of that website.

If you had access to the old site, you'd be able to remove this connection but when you don't, this is something that only Customer Care can do for you.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

If you had access to the old site, you'd be able to remove this connection but when you don't, this is something that only Customer Care can do for you.

Thank you, I really really appreciate your help with this.

I’ve contacted customer support and hopefully they can help us get it sorted out because it has been beyond frustrated