Automation not working

Hi,

I have an automation email set to send whenever a subscriber joins one of my marketing lists. It shows as active. However, over the past two weeks whenever I add someone to this marketing list, no email goes out. I've added about 10 new subscribers, but 0 automation emails have been sent, even though it says they are actively being sent.

Any thoughts or help on this? Does the automation not work if I manually add the subscriber info? If so, its completely useless.

• 11 months later...

I'm dealing with the same exact issue and cannot for the life of me figure out what the heck is going on. I've deleted the sign-up module and the email automation and rebuilt it two times and it will not fire when a new subscriber is added. 

Have you figured it out yet? Would love it if the @Squarespace product team could squash this bug for us and restore my confidence in the platform. 

On 4/12/2022 at 8:17 AM, janto987 said:

Hi,

I have an automation email set to send whenever a subscriber joins one of my marketing lists. It shows as active. However, over the past two weeks whenever I add someone to this marketing list, no email goes out. I've added about 10 new subscribers, but 0 automation emails have been sent, even though it says they are actively being sent.

Any thoughts or help on this? Does the automation not work if I manually add the subscriber info? If so, its completely useless.

If you are manually entering the subscriber, they will not get an automation. Automations only go out to people that sign up via a form.

Here is a help article that may shed some light on automation.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002077567-Sending-automated-campaigns

Edited by sayreambrosio
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem, and the email addresses added to the list were done through the mailing list form on our site, so they should be receiving the automation emails! I've done tests with three different email accounts but to no avail. Very frustrating!

3 hours ago, maffel said:

I'm having the same problem, and the email addresses added to the list were done through the mailing list form on our site, so they should be receiving the automation emails! I've done tests with three different email accounts but to no avail. Very frustrating!

Double check the automation is connected to a list and not in draft mode. I've gone in to edit mine in the past and not reactivated it.

If it's still an issue contact support and have them make sure the sending email isn't on a blacklist and causing a problem.

• 8 months later...