Google Console sitemap couldn't fetch

Site URL: https://www.herocards.us/

Google Console appears to be indexing my site but says "couldn't fetch" every time I try to submit the sitemap.xml. There are other forum posts about this, but the only resolutions I'm seeing range from "wait" to "don't worry." It has been a month since I first submitted my sitemap, and I'm still getting "couldn't fetch" under GC Sitemap, and "Indexed, not submitted in sitemap" when I do a URL Inspection. Help!

Edited by CDuMez
duplicated URL
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Squarespace Support confirms that my sitemap.xml file is correct, and set to public. They say it's a Google Console issue and send me to the GC Support, which is just another help forum. I've tried every solution submitted there, and have not had my sitemap fetched now for 6 weeks. I don't want to leave Squarespace, but I have to be able to get some SEO love or I'll be out of business fast! While it doesn't seem to be a Squarespace issue, I have to try something!

Anyone?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok so I fixed my Couldn't Fetch.  Mine was due to one last @ A-name record left in the Godaddy DNS records.  I input all of the Squarespace info correctly but left one old DNS entry that was causing the problem.  Once I deleted that record, instantly Google was able to fetch the sitemap and start indexing properly.  I hope that helps some folks with this issue.  

One thing to note is that I migrated my domain from an old Wordpress site to Sqrspc and wanted to keep the Domain with Godaddy instead of transferring the domain to Sqrspc.