Add Business hours in multiple locations

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.blackbookbar.com

Squarespace's mobile information bar includes the ability to dynamically publish your business hours. What I am looking for is a way to create a similar embed on multiples pages. Basically, I want to include the business hours in the footer, but also on some select other pages. I'd love for the data that's displayed to be pulled dynamically from the business information in my account settings. This way I don't have to remember to update the hours in multiple locations each time.

Anyone have thoughts on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Edited by cchs

Do you mean you want to display the business hour on footer of the desktop interface?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

24 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Do you mean you want to display the business hour on footer of the desktop interface?

No, I want to display them right in the body of a page. The Contact Us page for example. I don't want to manually manage the business hours on a page, it should be synced to what is entered in the BUSINESS INFORMATION section of the backend, which controls the hours in the footer on desktop already. 
https://www.hollenbeckpestcontrol.com/contact-us

On 4/12/2022 at 7:21 AM, cchs said:

I want to include the business hours in the footer, but also on some select other pages. I'd love for the data that's displayed to be pulled dynamically from the business information in my account settings. This way I don't have to remember to update the hours in multiple locations each time.

It should be possible to write some code to pull the opening hours from Settings > Business Information > Business Hours but these are quite restrictive in terms of formatting whereas I note that your current statement is arguably more user friendly - "Open Noon–Late. Every day."

Do you want to replace this with the hours from the "Business Hours" setting, as below?

Mo 12:00-02:00
Tu 12:00-00:00
We 12:00-00:00
Th 12:00-00:00
Fr 12:00-00:00
Sa 12:00-00:00
Su 12:00-00:00

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 11 months later...

@paul2009 Hey Paul, sorry picking up on this old thread as I have a similar question. I am working for a shopping centre and they just want to display 'todays' opening hours on the home page. Is there a way of coding in a block to pull that day's hours from the site's business hours, based on the actual day that you are viewing the site? Essentially like this attached. Thanks so much for any help you can give me in advance. 🙂

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 13.33.36.png

Edited by jo11
  • Solution
1 hour ago, jo11 said:

I am working for a shopping centre and they just want to display 'todays' opening hours on the home page. Is there a way of coding in a block to pull that day's hours from the site's business hours, based on the actual day that you are viewing the site?

Sure, here's some code to get you started. It will require a Business billing plan or above because it contains some HTML and JavaScript.

Add the code below to a Code Block, positioned wherever you want the day's opening hours to appear. You can amend the times and the messaging to suit your needs. Ensure that the Code Block is set to HTML

<div class="sf-opening-hours"></div>

<script>
// Store opening hours (replace with actual shopping hours)
const storeHours = {
  Monday: { open: "9:00 AM", close: "5:00 PM" },
  Tuesday: { open: "9:00 AM", close: "5:00 PM" },
  Wednesday: { open: "9:00 AM", close: "5:00 PM" },
  Thursday: { open: "9:00 AM", close: "7:00 PM" },
  Friday: { open: "9:00 AM", close: "5:00 PM" },
  Saturday: { open: "10:00 AM", close: "4:00 PM" },
  Sunday: { open: "Closed", close: "Closed" },
};
// Get the current day and time according to the locale specified
const today = new Date();
const currentDay = today.toLocaleDateString("en-US", { weekday: "long" });
const currentTime = today.toLocaleTimeString("en-US");

// Find the opening hours div on the page
const openingHours = document.querySelector(".sf-opening-hours");

// Check if the store is open
if (storeHours[currentDay].open !== "Closed" && storeHours[currentDay].close !== "Closed") {
  const openTime = storeHours[currentDay].open;
  const closeTime = storeHours[currentDay].close;  
  openingHours.textContent = `Today's opening hours: ${openTime} - ${closeTime}`;
} else {
  openingHours.textContent = "Sorry, the store is closed today.";
}
</script>

In this simplified example, we first create a div element to hold the text that will show the opening hours. The opening hours are then defined for each day of the week. Next, we grab the current day and time, according to the locale specified. We check if the shopping centre is currently open by comparing the open and close properties of the storeHours object for the current day. It doesn't take into account users who may be located in a different timezone.

If the shopping centre is open, the div element is populated with today's opening hours. If it is closed, we display a message indicating that the shopping centre is currently closed.

If you want to style the message, you can add some CSS to Design > Custom CSS. For example, to set the text to 24px:

.sf-opening-hours {
  font-size: 24px;
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 6 months later...

Wow this is so incredibly helpful!! Thank you so much @paul2009!!

I fiddled around with the code you created and made a version that accounts for holidays. I thought I'd share it here in case it helps anyone else.

Also, I'm not a very experienced coder, so I'd love to learn if there's a more efficient or better way to do this!

I added this part below "Store opening hours" to define the holidays:

// Define holidays (without the year) in "MM-DD" format
  const holidays = [
    "12-25", // Christmas Day
    "01-01", // New Year's Day
    // Add more holidays (MM-DD format) as needed
  ];

I added this after "Get the current day and time" to check if it's currently a holiday:

// Function to check if the date is a holiday (without the year)
  function isHoliday(date) {
    const month = date.getMonth() + 1; // Month is zero-based, so add 1
    const day = date.getDate();
    const monthDay = `${month < 10 ? '0' : ''}${month}-${day < 10 ? '0' : ''}${day}`;
    return holidays.includes(monthDay);
  }

Then I modified the last "Check if the store is open" section:

// Check if the store is open
  const isHolidayToday = isHoliday(today);

if (isHolidayToday || storeHours[currentDay].open === "Closed" || storeHours[currentDay].close === "Closed") {
    openingHours.textContent = "Sorry, the store is closed today.";
  } else {
    // Code to handle open hours
    const openTime = storeHours[currentDay].open;
    const closeTime = storeHours[currentDay].close;
    openingHours.textContent = `Today's opening hours: ${openTime} - ${closeTime}`;
  }

EDIT: Originally the code had to include the year. This edited version should work for the MM-DD format, so no year is required.

Edited by rabidzoomonkey