Checking SEO health with Ahrefs - Shows my pages all have two title pages?

Go to solution Solved by edharris,

Site URL: https://www.covertstylist.com/

I am beginning to learn about and fine tune my site's SEO. I signed up for Ahrefs and all of my pages are flaggings to have "multiple title tags" which it suggests can hurt my search results and rankings. One of the two tags listed is what I have added for SEO and titles - great! The other says "My Page" for each of my pages so it seems like it is an easy setting to change that I might be missing somewhere on my site's set up. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 10.37.32 AM.png

Edited by covertstylist
spelling
  • Solution

Hi - I think this error may be related to how the Ahrefs site verification tag is added to the website. It looks like you used the HTML tag method (out of the choice of verification methods listed here) but accidentally pasted in more code than you should have. When implemented correctly, you should be adding a code snippet that looks like the screenshot below into the Header section of the Settings > Advanced > Code Injection menu:

image.png.a602ae8408fd959566e7ab103a47699f.png

Let me know if you need more help figuring it out 🙂

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services

• 11 months later...