Custom code for keeping vertical images un-stretched in a stacked gallery? Or a way to add multiple images to a page all at once without using a gallery?

I am trying to build blog posts in 7.1 with an assortment of vertical and horizontal images in each post. When I add them all at once to a stacked gallery, the gallery enlarges the verticals so that they are stretched out to the same width as the horizontal images. When I add them individually outside of a gallery, it does not enlarge the verticals, unless you select "Stretch (Stretch the image to span the container)" in the design tab of the image. I am having to add them one at a time, so they will not enlarge to fill the container and it takes forever to add 20+ images one at a time. Is there a way to stop the gallery from enlarging them? OR is there a way (that I am missing) where I can add multiple images to a post all at once? My preference would be to add them outside of a gallery but I will take any way I can get to not have to add them one at a time. Thank you!

• Replies 1
  • Views 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/9/2022 at 10:17 AM, MB2020 said:

I am trying to build blog posts in 7.1 with an assortment of vertical and horizontal images in each post. When I add them all at once to a stacked gallery, the gallery enlarges the verticals so that they are stretched out to the same width as the horizontal images. When I add them individually outside of a gallery, it does not enlarge the verticals, unless you select "Stretch (Stretch the image to span the container)" in the design tab of the image. I am having to add them one at a time, so they will not enlarge to fill the container and it takes forever to add 20+ images one at a time. Is there a way to stop the gallery from enlarging them? OR is there a way (that I am missing) where I can add multiple images to a post all at once? My preference would be to add them outside of a gallery but I will take any way I can get to not have to add them one at a time. Thank you!

Can you share your site with the protected password and some screenshots of your issues?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!