How to get products to show up on the calendar block?

Site URL: https://www.citysmarts.net/mock-tests

Hi everyone! 

When Squarespace rolled out the new product editor, it accidentally broke the functionality of the calendar widget.  I'm hoping you can help point me towards a solution.

When my business creates products, we used to assign them a "date visible" on the legacy product editor, and the product would show up on the calendar block. (see the URL for an example). But the new editor has removed the date visible functionality entirely, meaning it is impossible to add new products to the calendar. The old ones still work, but I'm basically stuck in terms of adding new products. Is there some code or another workaround to get the calendar working again?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Brett 

Hi Creedon. Thanks for getting back to me. I do indeed see a schedule option, but "scheduling" the product does not result in it appearing on the Calendar Block, and "publishing" it doesn't have a date option. 

On the old version, I would set the product to "visible" and set the date as the date the product (in this case a mock test) will be held. Then it would appear automatically on my calendar block. Does that make sense?

Best,

Brett 

18 hours ago, Sesom163 said:

Does that make sense?

Ah. I see. What you describe makes sense.

If I had to guess it sounds like there was a bug in the old product editor which allowed a dual condition of being published and being scheduled at the same time. Apparently the new editor does not allow this dual condition. ☹️

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, Sesom163 said:

do you think it would be possible to solve this with custom code?

Not in the sense that the code could restore the previous behaviour. The issue is probably that data that used to flow from the product editor has been cut off. So there is no data in the calendar to manipulate.

It might be possible to use a blog or event page to replicate the behaviour you want but it would obviously be a double data entry situation.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.