Student / Education Discount Options

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello! I'm a college professor and have had several students asking me about student / education pricing options for Squarespace -- I found an option in conjunction with Student Beans, but wasn't sure if that was still active / legitimate.

Any confirmation, clarification, etc. would be awesome. I would love to get my students started with Squarespace 🙂

Emily Strickler
Toast Design Studio
toastoklahoma.com

• Solution

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Hi! I've been able to get my code for a student discount but can't see a field in which to put it on the Payment Information page. I'm hesitant to put in my credit card details without knowing if the promo code field is showing up on the following page or not. Shouldn't there be a promo code field here?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance :)

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 22.54.55.png

22 minutes ago, RaquelDSF said:

Hi! I've been able to get my code for a student discount but can't see a field in which to put it on the Payment Information page. I'm hesitant to put in my credit card details without knowing if the promo code field is showing up on the following page or not. Shouldn't there be a promo code field here?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 22.54.55.png

If you’re a Circle member you won’t get the promo field. What I did when I wanted to use my student discount is I created a temporary Squarespace account I started the site on that one added my Circle account as a contributor upgraded through the temporary account so I got the promo field and the discount and then transferred the site to my Circle account.

40 minutes ago, RaquelDSF said:

I've been able to get my code for a student discount but can't see a field in which to put it on the Payment Information page. I'm hesitant to put in my credit card details without knowing if the promo code field is showing up on the following page or not.

@RaquelDSF You should be able to enter your student offer code in the Promo code field on the Review order panel.

If the discount isn't applied for any reason, you can contact contact Customer Care by selecting "Billing and Paying for Squarespace" in the Request type drop-down menu, then selecting "Student Discount" in the Tell us more drop-down menu.

Scroll down to click Email, and complete the fields adding the following:

• In the Subject field, enter Retroactive student discount refund.
  • In the Description field, include your unique offer code and a brief description of your request.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.