Where is the Wells template? Can I search templates by name?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Replies 6
  • Views 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
On 4/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, lisacole2 said:

I'm just setting up a site for someone who likes the Wells template. Is it from a previous version?

You can create a trial based on Wells from the Wells demo site although bear in mind this is now one of the oldest templates available on Squarespace 7.0 and, although people love the design, it lacks many of the features of Squarespace 7.1.

You'll find all the Squarespace 7.1 templates listed here.

The older Squarespace 7.0 templates are listed here.

Was this post helpful? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
added URLs

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

There's just one Squarespace 7.1 template with many differently named "starting points". If you opt for 7.1, you should choose the design that most closely matches your style choice because they all share the same template, same features and same style options.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Wells is old but it is still a good looking template. As Paul said 7.0 doesn't have all the new tweaks of 7.1 but ultimately it is how the site looks when finished that counts the most. That is why I use the one of the oldest templates still in the Squarespace stable. 7.0 Avenue. I like the way it looks and i changed it a lot. If you want to search templates by name, just use the link and change wells to any template name and it will come up. 

https://wells-demo.squarespace.com/

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews