Broken Images on Certain Networks

I have a question regarding broken images. While on my workplace's network, my squarespace site (along with other sites built with squarespace) won't load images properly (shows broken image icons). I believe this is due to some firewall or security feature of the network. This occurs on few other sites, but happens pretty much globally on any squarespace sites (including squarespace.com). Although it is clearly due to the network, I'm a little concerned that other networks that users may be on will also not load images properly if these networks contain some security feature.

With that said, is there any way to format images or add something to the CSS code to maximize the changes of images loading properly even on security-heavy networks?

• Replies 3
  • Views 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, WinterSoldier said:

While on my workplace's network, my squarespace site won't load images properly. I believe this is due to some firewall or security feature of the network. Although it is clearly due to the network, I'm a little concerned that other networks that users may be on will also not load images properly

There is nothing that you can do as the site-owner to change this behaviour.

You will need to identify the device or service that is blocking images from Squarespace's Content Delivery Network (CDN) and then modify the whitelist to allow these images. You can do this for your own workplace's network but it if this is a default setting, you may want to request that the provider of that device or service update their default whitelisting to allow Squarespace images. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you. The only squarespace site that seems to work on this network is the website of Keanu Reeves's motorcycle company: https://archmotorcycle.com/

Is there a secret ingredient here that is allowing the site to load seamlessly on restricted networks? Or...does this website even run on squarespace anymore? I only assume it does because it was promoted in the early ads of squarespace.

That site is on WordPress 😲

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.