Analytics way off...

Hi, I just launched my second site yesterday, and it says under TRAFFIC that I had 128 unique visitors, which is not true. I had 3. Me, mom, sister, which is confirmed by ACTIVITY LOG. My last sites were on 7.0 and I never had poor analytics, so I'm feeling a bit troubled by this. Any advice on what's happening or how to fix?

I would like to hide my address, so I'm not messing up analytics - any way to do this?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, christy_designer12 said:

I just launched my second site yesterday, and it says under TRAFFIC that I had 128 unique visitors, which is not true. I had 3.

Have you disabled analytics cookies, or did the three users decline analytics? When there are no cookies to identify each unique visitor, each pageview event counts like it’s from a new visitor each time. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

41 minutes ago, christy_designer12 said:

I only have ACCEPT, but if people just let it float (without accepting) what does that do to analytics?

They are disabled until accepted.

41 minutes ago, christy_designer12 said:

Is there a way for me to turn off my own address if I want to occasionally check my own page?

To avoid triggering analytics for your own visits, you should go to account.squarespace.com and view the site from there instead of using the primary domain.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, christy_designer12 said:

If others also do this (let the accept float while browsing) how do you look at the analytics to understand if it's 3 people or 100?

If visitors do not accept the cookies, you will not be able to determine how many unique visitors there were.