Ability to determine general location of someone sending message?

Is it possible to have Squarespace determine broad location (NW USA, SE USA, etc.) of someone sending a message or inquiry via "contact us" or something similar on a site, and then have specific email addresses set up for each region?

For example, someone from Georgia, USA sends a message through the site asking where can they buy our product. Code or a plug-in would see general area of the USA the person is sending message from and then sends the SE regional sales manager that message via email.

Edited by MattyT208
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, mtengaio said:

Is it possible to have Squarespace determine broad location (NW USA, SE USA, etc.) of someone sending a message or inquiry via "contact us" or something similar on a site, and then have specific email addresses set up for each region?

There isn't a built in feature on Squarespace, but it could be achieved with some custom code and a couple of third party services - one to determine the location and one to forward the form data to the relevant email address. Note that locations cannot always be determined accurately, especially when VPNs are being used.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

18 hours ago, mtengaio said:

For example, someone from the Georgia, USA sends a message through the site asking where can they buy our product. Code or a plug-in would see general area of the USA the person is sending message from and then sends the SE regional sales manager that message via email.

I use GeoTargetly to adjust site behavior (e.g. show location specific content) based on geolocation.

I'm not sure how it would work in your situation, but there should be a solution.