Text format in header button gone wrong?!

Go to solution Solved by SQSPStarter,

Hi All,

I hope someone can help shed some light on my problem. I used a plugin code from ghost to underline my header button on hover, all been great havent changed anything and this morning ive logged on to make some changes to my site and the text is not centered anymore (please see photo attached)

I havent changed the css file so i dont understand why its changed the text format or how to change back?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Adam

1986153820_ScreenShot2022-03-31at12_49_26.png.a6e86fb20cfb95bf132ccc383b548fb1.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can password protect the site and share the password of your the front-end. 

1. In the Home menu, click Settings, then click Site Availability.
  2. Select Password Protected in the drop-down menu.
  3. Enter the password visitors will use to view your site.
  4. Click Save.

Become a contributor to the largest resource for Squarespace and gain recognition from thousands of visitors.

Join us on this exciting journey. Ping us here!.

• Solution
On 3/31/2022 at 4:56 PM, adamrl said:

Hi All,

I hope someone can help shed some light on my problem. I used a plugin code from ghost to underline my header button on hover, all been great havent changed anything and this morning ive logged on to make some changes to my site and the text is not centered anymore (please see photo attached)

I havent changed the css file so i dont understand why its changed the text format or how to change back?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Adam

Thanks for sharing the link. Please got to Design > Custom CSS and paste the following code. Let me know how it goes
@media screen and (min-width: 0) and (max-width: 2119px) and (orientation: landscape)
#siteWrapper .header-actions-action--cta .sqs-button-element--primary, #siteWrapper .header-skip-link {
    height: 18px;
    padding: 10px 35px;
}

Become a contributor to the largest resource for Squarespace and gain recognition from thousands of visitors.

48 minutes ago, adamrl said:

i'm guessing i start it from #siteWrapper as added the @media screen section and it threw back a syntax error? Removed that bit and has worked?

Yes you may remove it or may use parenthesis and it will work fine. Works both ways
@media screen and (min-width: 0) and (max-width: 2119px) and (orientation: landscape) {
#siteWrapper .header-actions-action--cta .sqs-button-element--primary, #siteWrapper .header-skip-link {
    height: 18px;
    padding: 10px 35px;
}
}