Connecting a custom domain confusion

I'm confused over connecting a .tv domain to my SquareSpace account. 

The domain is hosted at the registrar eNom. 

But the domain currently has a website active at another hosting company. 

So there are two Name Servers at eNom that point back to the other hosting company. At that hosting company there are tons of options under the DNS & NAMESERVERS option. This hosting company where the website currently resides also has several email addresses with the domain. I hope to move everything from that hosting company with the website on SquareSpace and the emails elsewhere. 

So the question is what/where to start changing DNS records. It seems like I should do it on eNom and I've looked at the SquareSpace Host Records settings but they differ a bit. 

Any advice on what to do here is appreciated. 

• Replies 6
  • Views 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/24/2022 at 10:28 PM, ScottS said:

I do wish Squarespace replied to these threads.

I'm confused over connecting a .tv domain to my SquareSpace account. The domain is hosted at the registrar eNom.

This forum is answered by other Squarespace users. For assistance directly from Squarespace, contact them via their support page

If you'd like to learn about connecting your domain to Squarespace, please take a look at Connecting an Enom domain to your Squarespace site. You may also find Enom's guide helpful.

If there are specific issues that are confusing you, please post back.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks Paul for the reply. I have contacted support but haven't heard anything back. I have gone through the eNom guide but the eNom setup seems to have changed a bit since it was made so a few things don't match up. So kind of to my original post as those things still apply:

The domain is hosted at the registrar eNom. 

But the domain currently has a website active at another hosting company. 

So there are two Name Servers at eNom that point back to the other hosting company. At that hosting company there are tons of options under the DNS & NAMESERVERS option. This hosting company where the website currently resides also has several email addresses with the domain. I hope to move everything from that hosting company with the website on SquareSpace and the emails elsewhere. 

So the question is what/where to start changing DNS records. It seems like I should do it on eNom and I've looked at the SquareSpace Host Records settings but they differ a bit. 

What is the domain name?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

scottsimmons.tv

I did finally get a Squarespace support reply. The answer is pretty much just follow our directions and if it doesn't work reach out to eNom support so trying to figure out next steps since I have my SS site done and paid for.

Edited by ScottS

The first step will be to logon to Enom, go to "DNS server settings" and then set "Use our name servers?" to "Our nameservers". Once you are using Enom's name servers (and the change has taken effect) you'll then be able to edit the records (currently shown below) to match the details that Squarespace provide.

Name TTL Class Type Priority Data
scottsimmons.tv. 3600 IN SOA   ns1.fatcow.com. dnsadmin.fatcow.com. 2009040961 10800 3600 604800 86400
scottsimmons.tv. 3600 IN NS   ns2.fatcow.com.
scottsimmons.tv. 3600 IN NS   ns1.fatcow.com.
scottsimmons.tv. 300 IN A   65.254.227.240
scottsimmons.tv. 3600 IN TXT   "v=spf1 ip4:38.113.1.0/24 ip4:38.113.20.0/24 ip4:65.254.224.0/19 ?all"
scottsimmons.tv. 3600 IN MX 30 mx.scottsimmons.tv.