Declined credit card payments

I use Acuity Scheduling, linking to Square for accepting card payments. Over the last two weeks I am repeatedly having clients’ credit/debit cards being declined due to authorisation errors. Square tells me it’s a problem with Acuity’s implementation of strong customer authentication (SCA), Acuity tells me my clients need to refer back to their banks. I am losing business over this! Does anybody else have similar issues?

• Replies 9
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes @FireSaltSea I am having the same problem. Very frustrating. I use Acuity scheduling, linking to square for payment and have repeatedly had clients who are on monthly subscriptions with me have cards declined. It's a headache and all around doesn't add to professionalism or credibility with my customers. I have other problems with Acuity and Squarespace supposedly being 'same' but far from the streamlined process I desire and need. My work around temporarily has been to direct bill from Square when I see a declined card in Acuity. That requires diligence in catching when it happens/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This keeps happening to me too. Acuity told me to go into Square and delete old cards on file which I've done but cancellations still keep happening. I'm losing business 😞

I keep getting this same reply that is not them, it's Square, and they'll send my input on. But Square says it's Acuity.

Has anyone found a solution... or another Scheduling/subscriptions software they prefer?

• 1 month later...

Any fix on this? This has happened to me several times in the last year. Acuity says it's a glitch with Square and I need to delete any and all past credit cards or duplicate accounts. I did all of that, and it's still randomly happening. I've lost so many monthly subscribers because of this and it's interrupted my business. 

Has anyone been able to fix this? Anyone use Stripe instead of Square? I'm concerned about making a change because everyone will have to re-sign up, but since this keeps happening I need to do something. Thanks for any help!