Wexley: Force images to stay in place

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Hi there,

first off: Sorry, I'm not a native speaker, but I'll try my best to describe what I'm struggling with: I've set up my website using Wexley on a 13" screen. As for my images, I made sure they all work in their composition fairly well when there are always 2 right next to each other. With the interactive design, this is of course not the case anymore on bigger screens. Is there any way to force Wexley to not mess around with how many images are in each line, no matter how big the display is? And if not, is there a template with such grid-like design where you'd have power over the exact display? I've certainly uploaded the images in a sufficient resolution.

I've attached two screenshts as an example; the first one how I'd like to have it no matter the display size, the second one showing how it'll not make the images bigger but will just put more in each row.

Thanks,
Pat

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-15 um 12.33.13.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-15 um 12.33.32.png

Edited by PatDie
  • Solution

The Wexley Gallery Pages are designed to be dynamic, they move images, resize them, all to keep the look on any sized screen. To fix the number of images per row, use a gallery block as opposed to a gallery page. You can set this up in your unlinked section, create a blank page add a gallery block and in the design you can set the number of images PER ROW to what you want. If you want two images the block will always show two. Once you have built the page or pages, you can move them to the linked section and if you want make one your home page and rename them to take the place of any page you no longer want. If you need any help with this just let me know. 

I have built two sites on Wexley and this does work,  I am using this feature on this Wexley site in some of the gallery/blog posts. A gallery block works the same in a blog or on a page.  

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

Edited by derricksrandomviews