Can I sell a product with variants that are "worth" different quantities that subtract from the same single product inventory?

I have a client inquiring about a site that could manage sales for them. 

They have an event that they want to sell admission to - let's say there are 300 total spaces. 

There are different sponsorship levels - they each come with different perks, and # of spaces for your "team". My question is, could I make a product with variants that represent these sponsorship levels and the different prices for each, but simultaneously subtracts from one single inventory number? 

Since theres no saying who will buy which or how many sponsorship packages, we don't want to sell them as individual products, as there could very well be 300 regular players. 

Product: Ticket

Quantity: 300 (total spaces)

Variants: 

• Gold - 1 available - comes with 40 spaces - costs $1000
  • Silver - 1 available - comes with 20 spaces - costs $500 
  • Bronze - 10 available - comes with 10 spaces costs $250
  • Regular - 300 available - 1 space, costs $20

So if someone bought the Gold sponsorship, it would no longer be available, and only 104 "regular" spaces would remain. If 3 people bought bronze packages, only 7 bronze packages would be available, and only 74 spaces would remain. 

Is there a way to do this? 

• Replies 1
  • Views 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2022 at 10:52 PM, DesignElixirStudio said:

They have an event that they want to sell admission to - let's say there are 300 total spaces. 

There are different sponsorship levels - they each come with different... # of spaces for your "team".

Squarespace doesn't have native support for bundling, but you can use the Trunk Inventory extension (third party service with an additional monthly cost) to keep quantities in sync across various 'products' that you sell.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.