I've looked at this site so long I can't tell anything anymore

Site URL: https://nordri.co.uk/home

Hi!

I'd love some feedback on this client site, for an engineering firm. (It's not actually been launched hence the coming soon page, so you have to manually navigate back to nordri.co.uk/home)

The project has been dragging on for a really long time and I feel like I've lost a bit of perspective on whether it looks ok anymore... I had to use A LOT of css, and some of the features I kind of wish I hadn't designed 😅  (counter animation, I'm looking at you).

Is it too busy? Will it actually sell their services? At this point, I don't know.

Would love any thoughts or feedback. Thanks in advance!

Hi Louise,

Well done! I think the website looks beautiful. My only comment (and this is very much a personal opinion) is that I don't love the typing text at the top of the homepage. I would maybe inverse the message so 

• "Shetland's Multidisciplinary Engineering Firm (H1) 
  • And maybe list project engineering, domestic contracting, Engineering consulting below (i realize it is a lot of text), similar to how an accordion would look, only if the accordion didn't expand. 

OR, 

• "Shetland's Multidisciplinary Engineering Firm (H1) 
  • Your one-stop-shop for engineering services  (h2)
  • Button "Explore Services" (anchor link to services) 

And the get in touch button moves just below the services? 

Just passing along a thought based on my personal preference for not loving typing text. What you have looks beautiful, and is very intuitive and well designed! 

Hi Louise, 

I love the site and feel the design is really appropriate for their services.

I really liked the typing text feature, I think it holds your eye on the website and makes you want to stay to read on,  so I think it's a smart feature.

Overall, the design is simple, on brand and flows really well.

I say you're done, hit launch and stop doubting yourself! 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am not a fan of the typing. 

Actually, I am a fan and I think it's very clever and the snappy typing works with your crisp, geometric design.

But it's so distracting that it's mesmerizing. I looked at it for several minutes and then I realized that I had no idea what I had just read.