Site URL: https://www.annartz.com

I"ve used mail chimp to send emails of my blog posts, which I call "news" on my site. I've never been able to integrate the RSS so each time I make an email in mail chimp I have to recreate it to be on my "news" page on my site. That seems dumb. Should I just send my blog post thought SS? I have a biz account I think. Is there additional cost?  Easy to transfer my list over? Thanks!

3 hours ago, AnnElliot said:

I've used mailchimp to send emails of my blog posts, which I call "news" on my site. I've never been able to integrate the RSS so each time I make an email in mailchimp I have to recreate it to be on my "news" page on my site.

By using the RSS feature in Mailchimp, you can create a mailshot that is automatically sent when new blog posts are added and contains the new posts. It isn't possible to do this with Squarespace Campaigns yet.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I used to use mailchimp for RSS feed but it quit on me. I have not been able to restore the service. I switched to follow.it which used to call itself Specific Feeds Emails from them are not quite as  good looking as Mailchimp, but works great. My subscribers seem to be okay with it as well. Easy to sign up and  a subscriber can elect to receive a notification of a new blog post or receive the whole post in an email reader format. Give it a try on my site if you wish. 

my random views

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

Hello Derrick!

I'm new to Squarespace and recently created my personal blog. I'm trying to set up a subscription option for users so that they can get notified whenever I post new content or blog posts. I've already signed up for Squarespace email marketing, but I found out that it only allows me to send 5 email campaigns per month. Since I plan to post twice a week, this wouldn't be enough.

Fortunately, I came across your post on the forums and decided to check out your blog - it looks great! I noticed that you use follow.it. Do you think it would work well for what I'm trying to do? My goal is to publish blog posts, photos, and new content throughout the week and keep my subscribers updated on each update. I'm exploring options beyond Squarespace's email campaign program.

I would really appreciate any advice you could offer!

Best regards,

Dan