Disable integrated SQSP Google Analytics?

I prefer suing the standard GA, not the integrated.  In several documents about using GA with SQSP it notes "Note, you would not use both the built-in integration and code injection methods at the same time. "   

How would one disable integrated?  I have the GA and GTM script code pasted in the code injection (that enables the regular GA approach.  To disable integrated do I just remove any UA or G- analytics values from Squarespace Settings > Advanced > External API Keys?

Thanks all! 

Edited by roattw
  • Replies 1
  • Views 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% clear what you mean by "standard" and "integrated" 

20 hours ago, roattw said:

"Note, you would not use both the built-in integration and code injection methods at the same time.

What Squarespace is saying here is that you should EITHER paste your GA tracking/measurement IDs in the Settings > Advanced > External APIs field OR implement GA tracking yourself via code injection, but not both.

If you want to implement GA tracking via code injection, just delete any IDs you have in the Settings > Advanced > External APIs field and click Save. Then you are good to use gtag or GA via GTM in code injection.

Hope that helps!

- Ed

--

Blue Hills Digital
Support with website optimization, SEO and finding a digital marketing strategy that works.

Latest resource: Squarespace SEO Services