I'd love your feedback on my site!

Site URL: https://www.leannes.co/

Hello!

I've been working away on my site for the last while and have really enjoyed the ease of building it in Squarespace (bar a few hick-ups that took me about two weeks to figure out the CSS!)

I think it's pretty much finished now but as I haven't shown it to many people yet, I'd really appreciate your feedback on how it looks and navigates.

Thank you 🙏😀

Edited by Leanne_M

Hi Leanne, 

I think your website looks great - it is well organized and intuitive - very nice! 

My one comment would be that the copy may be a little lengthy in spots and that could lead to a lot of scrolling, especially on mobile.

My suggestion would be to shorten the copy where possible. For example, under "What Leanne's Co. can do for you" I would consider removing the lengthier description with something like: 

"Translating your vision into high performing branding assets" (this is just a suggestion and needs some work).

Another option would be to use the accordion feature to help break up lengthier blocks of text. 

This is certainly not necessary, just a thought!  Overall, the website is great😊 

Thank you, so much for your feedback @Tiny_Coast I really appreciate!

I agree with your point on copy length. Being informative and succinct is a tricky balance to get right. There's a good bit of custom CSS to try and make the copy smaller to reduce the scrolling. I didn't know about the accordion feature, so I'll definitely look into that and see where I can use it.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Leanne,

Well done on gettign the new site up!

Just noticed a typo: 'These design' should be 'these designs' (I'm a proofreader 😅)

Also, I am seeing those odd question mark icons in a few places too, using Google Chrome as my laptop browser. See attached screenshots.

All the best!

Abi

www.lovewordsediting.com

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...

Leanne-

Your site looks great! It covers everything I would look for before hiring a designer.

One thought: if you wanted to attract specific industries or types of businesses, you could also include that in text so that if people are searching and using those keywords that would also put your site in the running there. 

Continued good luck with your business!

-Charlie