Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
drago

Can I integrate a real estate IDX into a Squarespace site?

Question

I would like to use Squarespace template for a real estate client. Can I integrate IDX into the site?

Edited by edokken

13 answers to this question

iframing your idx into a website is not considered integrated IDX. Yes you will have a search on your website page, but your searches will not gain any search rankings with search engines like Google and Bing. You need to make sure that the IDX tool is built in to your website and doesn't need a code to bring over the data.

Yes, most IDX systems supports multiple methods of integrating it into any website. It all depends on how clean you want the integration and how much work you want to put into it.

The simplest method is going to be using a "Code Block" and placing the IDX system's "iframe" code in there. This is how I've done it for a few of the popular ones.

• 🚀Founder at Squarefront, the global community of Squarespace builders.
  • 🎥Documenting the process of building Squarefront on YouTube.
  • 🚗Senior Design Engineer, Design Platform at Uber.
  • 🍕Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin.
  • Need help with Squarespace? I've used the platform for well over 10 years and have helped thousands of businesses, both small and large. Send me an email!

I’d like to see an example of an IDX feed being used on Squarespace.

I am in real estate and am considering using Squarespace to house my new website.

Thanks, Shannon

Edited by ScatterCreek

Yes! See my Squarespace site: www.experiencestowe.com

See my answer to your other post at http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/31111/website-example-of-an-idx-feed-on-squarespace

Prior to my move to Vermont, almost my entire career was spent in high-tech marketing. I co-founded a Boston-based mainframe systems software company, VM/CMS Unlimited, in 1985. After selling it a few years later, I worked for a number of high-tech, mainly software, start-ups as a marketer in and around Boston. While I loved my work, I spent, on average, more than 3 hours/day commuting — for more than twenty-three years! The rat race finally got to me; and, in the middle of 2003, my family and I started the move North. Today, my work life bears little resemblance to what it once was -- I traded Boston's Rt. 128 for Stowe's Mountain Road, and I'm now a Realtor® and a ski patroller — I wouldn't go back! In April 2014 I completed my 11th season as a member of the Mt. Mansfield Ski Patrol. I'm an agent at Coldwell Banker Carlson Real Estate, where I specialize in working with those who are contemplating or ready to make a lifestyle change. Previously I was the Real-Estate Marketing Manager at Spruce Peak at Stowe Mountain Resort.

Yes! See my Squarespace site: www.experiencestowe.com

See my answer to your other post at http://answers.squarespace.com/questions/31111/website-example-of-an-idx-feed-on-squarespace

Prior to my move to Vermont, almost my entire career was spent in high-tech marketing. I co-founded a Boston-based mainframe systems software company, VM/CMS Unlimited, in 1985. After selling it a few years later, I worked for a number of high-tech, mainly software, start-ups as a marketer in and around Boston. While I loved my work, I spent, on average, more than 3 hours/day commuting — for more than twenty-three years! The rat race finally got to me; and, in the middle of 2003, my family and I started the move North. Today, my work life bears little resemblance to what it once was -- I traded Boston's Rt. 128 for Stowe's Mountain Road, and I'm now a Realtor® and a ski patroller — I wouldn't go back! In April 2014 I completed my 11th season as a member of the Mt. Mansfield Ski Patrol. I'm an agent at Coldwell Banker Carlson Real Estate, where I specialize in working with those who are contemplating or ready to make a lifestyle change. Previously I was the Real-Estate Marketing Manager at Spruce Peak at Stowe Mountain Resort.

I’ve been using Diverse Solutions IDX product, which can be a mix of code in an iframe or not. I have some searches in iframe and others not; and, it all works flawlessly in my Squarespace site and has for more than a year.

Edited by StowePatroller

So, am I understanding this correctly?... You can insert IDX/MLS in a SquareSpace site, but only if you use iframes. Unfortunately, iframes will not be responsive as you cannot modify the CSS.

So, am I understanding this correctly?... You can insert IDX/MLS in a SquareSpace site, but only if you use iframes. Unfortunately, iframes will not be responsive as you cannot modify the CSS.