I hate the new add item style editor

Site URL: https://tambourine-crane-a3ws.squarespace.com/config/

I'm having trouble with the new editor in particular adding variants into my inventory. When I add something it doesn't save. It also wont allow me to move an inventory item in order. Is anybody else having this issue.? 

I have been trying to contact Square Space for sometime but no-one answers.  Hoping someone here can help with my issues.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, samaan93 said:

Is there anything we can do to bring back the classic editor?

You could use both the "Classic Product Editor" and the new "Product Composer" between October 2020 and 2nd March 2022, whilst the Commerce team moved all the "classic" functionality into the new version of the UI.

This also included adding some new features like the extended variant limit. However, now all the features are available in the newer version, the older "classic" editor has been permanently retired and cannot be brought back. 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I am having the same problem. I am trying to add additional sizes to a product. I have chosen "add variant" selected "size" then hit "save" button. Nothing happens. I have been trying this for over half an hour and cannot see how to do this. Not sure why it was necessary to make changes to the Editor. And if there are changes they should be improvements, not complications.

I despise the new editor. It's impossible to find anything, my eyes literally can not focus on the layout at all and I'm constantly scrolling all over the place. Very little makes sense about the design of this new layout! It took me half an hour to find where to add a personalization form because it's hidden at the bottom with the custom checkout button. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous, its my website, Im paying for it and now I can't have the option of using classic editor. The new editor is not so easy to load products, its my time and my money you are wasting whilst I can't load anything to sell. So many people are saying the same thing. Wake up Squarespace because very soon I'm out of here. Extremely  unhappy customer who just wants you to leave my site alone.

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly dislike the new editor as well, it's very hard to find things and it all doesn't seem logical. It escapes me why this is considered an improvement. I sure wish we could still opt for the classic editor.

That said, I'm having problems, too: there doesn't seem to be a possibility anymore to set the focal point on the featured photos (thumbnails) of a shop? (Brine)
I use photos of small objects, so it's often necessary to adjust the focus. I can still adjust the focus of product images, but not of thumbnails, which makes the shop page look messy 😠

24 minutes ago, Zozo said:

There doesn't seem to be a possibility anymore to set the focal point on the featured photos (thumbnails) of a shop? (Brine)

The focal point of product thumbnails can still be edited in the new Product Composer. If this isn't working for you, check you are using one of the latest browsers.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

9 hours ago, paul2009 said:

The focal point of product thumbnails can still be edited in the new Product Composer. If this isn't working for you, check you are using one of the latest browsers.

THANK YOU, Paul!
I keep my browser (Firefox) updated, so that wasn't the issue. However, you made me re-check & study the new composer again - and finally I realized that I assumed the 'featured image' -without focal point- that you upload right below the product images, was used for the thumbnail in the shop page.. instead of simply the first image.
(English is not my first language)
I understand now, and adjusted the focal point of the recently added products. All is well again in my little corner of the internet 😅