How to Change Browser Tab Copy

Site URL: https://www.juliakuo.com/

I can't figure out how to remove the "General 1" copy (see attached) my homepage browser tab.

The Site Title (see attached) is "Julia Kuo - Editorial and Children’s Picture Book Illustrator." 

I've also set the Page Title (see attached) to be the same - "Julia Kuo - Editorial and Children’s Picture Book Illustrator".

Any ideas?

Thanks! Nick

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.08.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.09.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 5.09.57 PM.png

The browser tab text is picked up from the title tag in the page which is set in the site header.

Have you tried editing it again? Set it to something like x. Saving. Editing again with the text you want. Save.

What happens?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

This appears to be resolved:

706828858_Screenshot2022-03-12at20_02_54.png.597f6d0e4a4b82094865b2f53b890d71.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

43 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

This appears to be resolved

I'd be curious to know if it was user resolved and how. Or, if it cleared because of an issue resolved on SS.

@nawilkes

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Before my site title in the tab it says "General 4 - " and then my site title. I need to get rid of the General 4 part of the title but can't see it anywhere. Any advice would be much appreciated. It looks really unprofessional and gets in the way of my message.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Will75 said:

Before my site title in the tab it says "General 4 - " and then my site title. I need to get rid of the General 4 part of the title.

In the PAGES panel, find the page with the name General 4 and click the 'gear' icon beside the page. You'll find the settings in the Page Settings panel that opens:

page-setings-general-page-name.thumb.png.cdaa172a71ed0ab5265b311c08ab80c0.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

Greetings, I'm having this same issue, for my About page, but not the other pages (which leads me to believe there is a bug).  I went into the PAGES panel, selected the  'gear' icon for each page and changed to the desired name.  Except for About - I changed to Contact, but it still displays as "About 1"

image.png.c231cdce538b912e4d399a54cdf1f607.png

12 minutes ago, joshewing said:

Except for About - I changed to Contact, but it still displays as "About 1"

In Page Settings (gear icon) click on SEO. Is the SEO TITLE set? If so, remove or change depending on your need.

Let us know how it goes.