Ok so I have never used sqaurespace and I messed up something and cant undo it, at least I don't know how. I deleted some stuff and I want to start back over fresh. I'm on 7.0 and I tried installing a new template and setting it to live. Then uninstalling the template I want back to stock and reinstalling it. Then setting it to live. But its all messed up still and didn't revert back to stock. I for the life of me can not figure this out. Please help a idiot out.

• Replies 4
  • Views 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To start again with the original demo content, start a new trial using the template of your choice. You'll find the 7.0 templates here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 minute ago, paul2009 said:

To start again with the original demo content, start a new trial using the template of your choice. You'll find the 7.0 templates here.

So why isn't it reverting back to stock like its supposed to like squarespace says it will? I followed their instructions on their help section to a T.

3 minutes ago, Farnum said:

So why isn't it reverting back to stock like it's supposed to like squarespace says it will?

The forum community don't work for Squarespace and so we aren't able to resolve technical issues with the platform when it doesn't work as expected. You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to ask why the instructions aren't working as documented using this link.

7 minutes ago, Farnum said:

But then I have to pay for that new site.

My earlier post suggested a workaround to help you get started straight away. You don't need to pay for a site until you want it to go live. You can start a 14-day free trial and then "play" with that site for as long as you need - renewing the trial every 14 days.

If you paid an annual subscription for a site within the last 14 days you can cancel that subscription and you'll automatically receive a refund. The linked support article explains how this works.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.