Jump to content

How to properly add a counter in one page?

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

I've been trying to add a counter to one specific page but it isn't working.

This is the codepen style, I'm interested on: https://codepen.io/syedrafeeq/pen/OJyLXw

If possible, I'd prefer to have the HTML + CSS + Java in just one code to imbed it directly into the page location, instead of having them in separate locations.

After custom it, this is what I managed to modify the code into (see image).image.thumb.png.03a8d09cd7258faaae26566f82889848.png

Thank you, in advance!

 

Link to comment

Try this code into Code Block

<div class="wrapper">
    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-code fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="300" data-speed="1500"></h2>
       <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-coffee fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="1700" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-lightbulb-o fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="11900" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth end">
      <i class="fa fa-bug fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="157" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>
</div>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.min.css"/>
<style>
  .col_half { width: 49%; }
.col_third { width: 32%; }
.col_fourth { width: 23.5%; }
.col_fifth { width: 18.4%; }
.col_sixth { width: 15%; }
.col_three_fourth { width: 74.5%;}
.col_twothird{ width: 66%;}
.col_half,
.col_third,
.col_twothird,
.col_fourth,
.col_three_fourth,
.col_fifth{
	position: relative;
	display:inline;
	display: inline-block;
	float: left;
	margin-right: 2%;
	margin-bottom: 20px;
}
.end { margin-right: 0 !important; }
/* Column Grids End */

.wrapper { width: 980px; margin: 30px auto; position: relative;}
.counter { background-color: #ffffff; padding: 20px 0; border-radius: 5px;}
.count-title { font-size: 40px; font-weight: normal;  margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0; text-align: center; }
.count-text { font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal;  margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0; text-align: center; }
.fa-2x { margin: 0 auto; float: none; display: table; color: #4ad1e5; }

</style>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  (function ($) {
	$.fn.countTo = function (options) {
		options = options || {};
		
		return $(this).each(function () {
			// set options for current element
			var settings = $.extend({}, $.fn.countTo.defaults, {
				from:            $(this).data('from'),
				to:              $(this).data('to'),
				speed:           $(this).data('speed'),
				refreshInterval: $(this).data('refresh-interval'),
				decimals:        $(this).data('decimals')
			}, options);
			
			// how many times to update the value, and how much to increment the value on each update
			var loops = Math.ceil(settings.speed / settings.refreshInterval),
				increment = (settings.to - settings.from) / loops;
			
			// references & variables that will change with each update
			var self = this,
				$self = $(this),
				loopCount = 0,
				value = settings.from,
				data = $self.data('countTo') || {};
			
			$self.data('countTo', data);
			
			// if an existing interval can be found, clear it first
			if (data.interval) {
				clearInterval(data.interval);
			}
			data.interval = setInterval(updateTimer, settings.refreshInterval);
			
			// initialize the element with the starting value
			render(value);
			
			function updateTimer() {
				value += increment;
				loopCount++;
				
				render(value);
				
				if (typeof(settings.onUpdate) == 'function') {
					settings.onUpdate.call(self, value);
				}
				
				if (loopCount >= loops) {
					// remove the interval
					$self.removeData('countTo');
					clearInterval(data.interval);
					value = settings.to;
					
					if (typeof(settings.onComplete) == 'function') {
						settings.onComplete.call(self, value);
					}
				}
			}
			
			function render(value) {
				var formattedValue = settings.formatter.call(self, value, settings);
				$self.html(formattedValue);
			}
		});
	};
	
	$.fn.countTo.defaults = {
		from: 0,               // the number the element should start at
		to: 0,                 // the number the element should end at
		speed: 1000,           // how long it should take to count between the target numbers
		refreshInterval: 100,  // how often the element should be updated
		decimals: 0,           // the number of decimal places to show
		formatter: formatter,  // handler for formatting the value before rendering
		onUpdate: null,        // callback method for every time the element is updated
		onComplete: null       // callback method for when the element finishes updating
	};
	
	function formatter(value, settings) {
		return value.toFixed(settings.decimals);
	}
}(jQuery));

jQuery(function ($) {
  // custom formatting example
  $('.count-number').data('countToOptions', {
	formatter: function (value, options) {
	  return value.toFixed(options.decimals).replace(/\B(?=(?:\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, ',');
	}
  });
  
  // start all the timers
  $('.timer').each(count);  
  
  function count(options) {
	var $this = $(this);
	options = $.extend({}, options || {}, $this.data('countToOptions') || {});
	$this.countTo(options);
  }
});
</script>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

I've also been working on a counter but can't seem to make the counters mobile responsive as they have set boundaries on the page. I've also tried your code but have the same issues. I essentially need them to stack on mobile devices, do you have any ideas please? Thank you! 

Link to comment
18 hours ago, HollyM said:

I've also been working on a counter but can't seem to make the counters mobile responsive as they have set boundaries on the page. I've also tried your code but have the same issues. I essentially need them to stack on mobile devices, do you have any ideas please? Thank you! 

Can you share link to page where you added the code? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
  • 10 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 9:28 PM, tuanphan said:

Try this code into Code Block

<div class="wrapper">
    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-code fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="300" data-speed="1500"></h2>
       <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-coffee fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="1700" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth">
      <i class="fa fa-lightbulb-o fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="11900" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>

    <div class="counter col_fourth end">
      <i class="fa fa-bug fa-2x"></i>
      <h2 class="timer count-title count-number" data-to="157" data-speed="1500"></h2>
      <p class="count-text ">SomeText GoesHere</p>
    </div>
</div>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.0.3/css/font-awesome.min.css"/>
<style>
  .col_half { width: 49%; }
.col_third { width: 32%; }
.col_fourth { width: 23.5%; }
.col_fifth { width: 18.4%; }
.col_sixth { width: 15%; }
.col_three_fourth { width: 74.5%;}
.col_twothird{ width: 66%;}
.col_half,
.col_third,
.col_twothird,
.col_fourth,
.col_three_fourth,
.col_fifth{
	position: relative;
	display:inline;
	display: inline-block;
	float: left;
	margin-right: 2%;
	margin-bottom: 20px;
}
.end { margin-right: 0 !important; }
/* Column Grids End */

.wrapper { width: 980px; margin: 30px auto; position: relative;}
.counter { background-color: #ffffff; padding: 20px 0; border-radius: 5px;}
.count-title { font-size: 40px; font-weight: normal;  margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0; text-align: center; }
.count-text { font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal;  margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0; text-align: center; }
.fa-2x { margin: 0 auto; float: none; display: table; color: #4ad1e5; }

</style>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
  (function ($) {
	$.fn.countTo = function (options) {
		options = options || {};
		
		return $(this).each(function () {
			// set options for current element
			var settings = $.extend({}, $.fn.countTo.defaults, {
				from:            $(this).data('from'),
				to:              $(this).data('to'),
				speed:           $(this).data('speed'),
				refreshInterval: $(this).data('refresh-interval'),
				decimals:        $(this).data('decimals')
			}, options);
			
			// how many times to update the value, and how much to increment the value on each update
			var loops = Math.ceil(settings.speed / settings.refreshInterval),
				increment = (settings.to - settings.from) / loops;
			
			// references & variables that will change with each update
			var self = this,
				$self = $(this),
				loopCount = 0,
				value = settings.from,
				data = $self.data('countTo') || {};
			
			$self.data('countTo', data);
			
			// if an existing interval can be found, clear it first
			if (data.interval) {
				clearInterval(data.interval);
			}
			data.interval = setInterval(updateTimer, settings.refreshInterval);
			
			// initialize the element with the starting value
			render(value);
			
			function updateTimer() {
				value += increment;
				loopCount++;
				
				render(value);
				
				if (typeof(settings.onUpdate) == 'function') {
					settings.onUpdate.call(self, value);
				}
				
				if (loopCount >= loops) {
					// remove the interval
					$self.removeData('countTo');
					clearInterval(data.interval);
					value = settings.to;
					
					if (typeof(settings.onComplete) == 'function') {
						settings.onComplete.call(self, value);
					}
				}
			}
			
			function render(value) {
				var formattedValue = settings.formatter.call(self, value, settings);
				$self.html(formattedValue);
			}
		});
	};
	
	$.fn.countTo.defaults = {
		from: 0,               // the number the element should start at
		to: 0,                 // the number the element should end at
		speed: 1000,           // how long it should take to count between the target numbers
		refreshInterval: 100,  // how often the element should be updated
		decimals: 0,           // the number of decimal places to show
		formatter: formatter,  // handler for formatting the value before rendering
		onUpdate: null,        // callback method for every time the element is updated
		onComplete: null       // callback method for when the element finishes updating
	};
	
	function formatter(value, settings) {
		return value.toFixed(settings.decimals);
	}
}(jQuery));

jQuery(function ($) {
  // custom formatting example
  $('.count-number').data('countToOptions', {
	formatter: function (value, options) {
	  return value.toFixed(options.decimals).replace(/\B(?=(?:\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, ',');
	}
  });
  
  // start all the timers
  $('.timer').each(count);  
  
  function count(options) {
	var $this = $(this);
	options = $.extend({}, options || {}, $this.data('countToOptions') || {});
	$this.countTo(options);
  }
});
</script>

 

Where would you add the values for the counter exactly?

 

Link to comment
On 1/31/2023 at 11:05 AM, freshlypressed said:

Where would you add the values for the counter exactly?

 

Hi. Change this

image.thumb.png.20006b1b959d8418395ed405541c92ba.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.