Wells Theme Gallery Customization

Site URL: http://www.lusmith.com

hi peeps,

I'm looking for a solve in the Wells template. Essentially, I'd like to add a text/ copy page to the gallery carousel; pulling from the site's CSS. I really like the stock functionality of Wells, however the gallery only permits imagery. I'm wanting to use the text/copy page to serve as an introduction to the work presented. I've played around with using text as JPGs, but I'd lose SEO going that route.

I've attached a sketch to illustrate the ambition 😬

Any advice and/or direction to solve this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a mil!

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 9.34.39 AM.jpg

Edited by luccio
  • luccio changed the title to Wells Theme Gallery Customization
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, luccio said:

Site URL: http://www.lusmith.com

hi peeps,

I'm looking for a solve in the Wells template. Essentially, I'd like to add a text/ copy page to the gallery carousel; pulling from the site's CSS. I really like the stock functionality of Wells, however the gallery only permits imagery. I'm wanting to use the text/copy page to serve as an introduction to the work presented. I've played around with using text as JPGs, but I'd lose SEO going that route.

I've attached a sketch to illustrate the ambition 😬

Any advice and/or direction to solve this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a mil!

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 9.34.39 AM.jpg

In version 7.0, I think we could create a blog page (located in Not Linked) for the item you want to show . In your main page, add a summary block that choose the blog page. After that, you can set style of carousel for summary block.

Hope that it makes sense

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 3/6/2022 at 7:46 AM, luccio said:

Thanks for this Bangank!

Is there a way to use the full width of the gallery but insert the [Not Linked] blog page? I'd like to keep the functionality/ UI of the gallery but be able to insert text into the carousel.

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...