Adding 2 CSS Codes

Go to solution Solved by Caroline_Smith,

Hi,

Hoping for help. I'm having trouble adding two CSS Codes. Only the first code works. When I add second code the change shows temporarily, but does not save permanently for some reason.  1st code is to freeze header, 2nd code is to add transparent color behind text on a page (this is what I've been using below):

/* Fixed Header */
.Header {
  position: fixed;
  z-index: 9999;
  width: 100%;
  top: 0px;
}
.Content-outer {
  margin-top: 50px;
}
#block-0db31487a4910b9a8f73 {
background-color: #802a;
padding: 0px;
text-align: center;
}

• Replies 6
  • Views 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Hi Caroline, thanks so much your reply! So I attached a screenshot of the page I need help with here. When adding the 2nd code in Design, CSS it appears as though the transparent background will work (as displayed in photo). However, once I exit it doesn't actually save this change.

-Shannon

Custom CSS Screenshot- Transparent background.PNG

• Solution

I'm not sure what's happening, but it looks like when your code is applied, there is an unnecessary space that is inserted (see attached picture). I would try a different way of setting the background color using an rgb or rgba value. Here is what those two options look like (you'll need to play around with the opacity value .6 until you're happy with it):

background-color: rgba(136, 0, 34, .6);
}

background-color: rgb(136, 0, 34, .6);
}

Screenshot_111.png

Feel free to email me with any customization inquiries or questions you may have!

Free Squarespace Resources: DevTools Minicourse,  11-Step Guide to Improve Custom CSS, Free Product/Pricing Comparison Table Generator