box-shadow: 5px 5px #FF6969;
  transition: all ease-in .05s;
}

.sqs-block-button .sqs-block-button-element--medium:active {
  box-shadow: none;
  transform: translateY(4px) !important;
}

But that doesn't happen to all the buttons as you can see on my website. How can I apply that to buttons on the footer, header, form buttons and stuff like that?

Thanks

The first thing wrong is that you are using the selector for only medium buttons, which will exclude large or small buttons. The second thing to remember is that form buttons and buttons in the navigation have different class selectors in Squarespace, so I've included those in the following code snippet (.sqs-system-button).

Hope this helps!

.sqs-block-button .sqs-block-button-element, .sqs-system-button {
}

.sqs-block-button .sqs-block-button-element:active, .sqs-system-button:active {
}

Feel free to email me with any customization inquiries or questions you may have!

Free Squarespace Resources: DevTools Minicourse,  11-Step Guide to Improve Custom CSS, Free Product/Pricing Comparison Table Generator

13 hours ago, Caroline_Smith said:

The first thing wrong is that you are using the selector for only medium buttons, which will exclude large or small buttons. The second thing to remember is that form buttons and buttons in the navigation have different class selectors in Squarespace, so I've included those in the following code snippet (.sqs-system-button).

Hope this helps!

}

}

Hello Caroline, thank you for your reply! I'm trying to wear a hat of writing code, so please excuse my little knowledge around it.

Your code worked perfectly and included every button except from the one on the header navigation bar. How can I put that as well? Also, which bit of my code in the first place includes only medium buttons and excludes small and big ones?

Thank you so much!

On 3/2/2022 at 9:07 PM, storyflow said:
On 3/2/2022 at 7:13 AM, Caroline_Smith said:

Hope this helps!

}

}

Hello Caroline, thank you for your reply! I'm trying to wear a hat of writing code, so please excuse my little knowledge around it.

Your code worked perfectly and included every button except from the one on the header navigation bar. How can I put that as well? Also, which bit of my code in the first place includes only medium buttons and excludes small and big ones?

Thank you so much!

Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)