Hello. Seeking a template recommendation with the following features...

Hello, I am completely new to Squarespace. I was able to "fill out" a Wordpress template for a website a few years ago without too many hurdles. This time, I'm looking to get something up quickly and, ideally, with a template that is even more complete in its default version than what I did previously  ie not needing of adding features, widgets, etc myself. (maybe that's unrealistic. I have no clue!) 

This is for a restaurant services company. 

I need something up now-ish as I'm ready for meetings and clients (and will then be working on a better and more polished version of the website after the business is up and running with the initial site). I'd be curious to see templates for both a simple and a "better" website if you have suggestions for either. For now, I definitely need...

-call now "button" for mobile site

-the "chat with us now" thing that's in bottom right usually. Sorry, I'm not sure the proper terminology for this

-pricing table (with different price tiers for services)

-social media links

-ability to embed youtube video

(I realize this is nothing special!) 

I'll happily check out as many templates as I'm shown as well as consider all suggestions and feedback if I'm going about this wrong, altogether. 

Thank you 🙂

Edited by ByronByron
  • Replies 2
  • Views 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You can use Squarespace 7.1 (any templates, all templates in 7.1. share same styles) to do these

-call now "button" for mobile site

SS 7.1 supports button in Desktop Header - Mobile Overlay Menu. Just edit Site Header > Enable it.

In case you want to button appear next to burger on mobile, we will need some custom code to do this.

-the "chat with us now" thing that's in bottom right usually. Sorry, I'm not sure the proper terminology for this

Just add a Button Block in Footer, then we will give the code to make it float on bottom right (we solved this for members on forum)

-pricing table (with different price tiers for services)

You can use Menu Block, or Ghost Plugins has many free plugin to do this

-social media links

Yes. SS supports it.

-ability to embed youtube video

Yes. Use Section Background Video, or Video Block or Embed Block to add embed youtube video

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)