View Event Button on upcoming events

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Sarah_L said:

Is anyone able to tell me the code to remove the 'View Event' from the past events?

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 months later...
On 3/15/2023 at 9:09 AM, aliciainspired said:

Since Squarespace automatically adds a button for past events, I now have two 'view event' buttons. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to fix this?

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 14.08.56.png

You could try this in your Custom CSS:

.eventlist .eventlist-button, // all sqs event buttons, including any future buttons
.eventlist--past .eventlist-button // just the past buttons
{
	display: none !important;
}

If that doesn't work, share the URL of the page in question so we can see what you're working with.

Edited by kirkroberts

@aliciainspired I'm glad you included some of your Custom CSS. There needs to be a space between .eventlist and .eventlist-button, and also between .eventlist--past and .eventlist-button . Otherwise they are joined and each pair of classes would need to be present on the same tag for the style to work. The space means the .eventlist-button tag is inside the .eventlist or .eventlist--past tag.

Edited by kirkroberts
6 minutes ago, kirkroberts said:

@aliciainspired I'm glad you included some of your Custom CSS. There needs to be a space between .eventlist and .eventlist-button, and also between .eventlist--past and .eventlist-button . Otherwise they are joined and each pair of classes would need to be present on the same tag for the style to work. The space means the .eventlist-button tag is inside the .eventlist or .eventlist--past tag.

Ok cool I added he spaces but unfortunately the extra buttons haven't disappeared.

@aliciainspired The CSS that you added to Custom CSS for the buttons is inside the braces for the @media query. In your screenshot there is a curly brace at line 37. If you move the button CSS below that curly brace that will probably do it. Think of it as the declarations are "nested" inside of each other. You want to un-nest the button CSS so it is not inside the @media curly braces.

• 2 months later...

Any idea whats the easiest way to deal with all this? I want to make it as simple as possible for my client.

I dont want to have repeated buttons once the event is over/ have to manually go in to edit every time. Any solution to permanently get rid of 'view event' of past events? But also show details?

6 hours ago, em_ said:

Any solution to permanently get rid of 'view event' of past events?

You can remove this button from past events by adding this to the custom CSS panel:

.eventlist-button.sqs-editable-button.sqs-button-element--primary {
  display: none; 
}

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Update July 2023: Squarespace appear to have resolved this issue as "View Event →" buttons are now appearing on Upcoming Events:image.thumb.png.33312d35e4f79513097176e28c9e281a.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.