• Replies 5
  • Views 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, saschulze said:

How can I add a shopping cart style icon on our site in the upper right hand corner of the site?

You are using the "Five" template which is one of the three oldest templates on Squarespace, having been released in 2012 before they launched any eCommerce features.

For this reason, the cart will appear as a pill shaped button in a fixed position, instead of appearing in the header. There are no cart options available within the site styles.

Although you could add some code to try to redesign or reposition the cart icon, it would be better to use one of the newer templates that have full support for eCommerce, for example one of the 40 Brine-family templates. You can preview one of these without affecting the live site.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Oh boy.  We have so much custom code sprinkled throughout our site and we just went live yesterday with our e-commerce.  I'll have to look into that perhaps in a month or two once things settle down. 

Until then, how can I make the "Shop" menu word standout?  It is possible to add a square around it or highlight/make it bold?

Thank you for your response!

On 2/24/2022 at 11:43 PM, saschulze said:

Oh boy.  We have so much custom code sprinkled throughout our site and we just went live yesterday with our e-commerce.  I'll have to look into that perhaps in a month or two once things settle down. 

Until then, how can I make the "Shop" menu word standout?  It is possible to add a square around it or highlight/make it bold?

Thank you for your response!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

#navigation-top nav.main-nav .folder:nth-child(8)>a {
    background-color: black;
    color: white !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)