Hiding date metadata on posts within a single blog channel, not across all blogs

Site URL: https://www.heyfieldday.com/blog/

I am using two separate blog channels on my website -- one is published (/blog) and the other is currently hidden (/support/library). I want blog posts within "Blog" to show the date metadata on each individual post, but I don't want dates to show on the posts within "Support library". 

Is there a way to target the CSS of all the posts within a single blog channel, so I don't have to update the CSS to hide the date every time I post in "Support library"? (Or, is there a way to adjust this in settings that I'm not seeing?)

I am using a 7.1 Brine template.

• Replies 12
  • Views 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2022 at 6:50 AM, tuanphan said:

First, remove this code

.Blog-meta-item {
    display: none;
    order: 1;
}

Next, add this code to /blog Page Header

<style>
  .Blog-meta-item {
    order: 1;
}
</style>

I believe I'm having the same problem listed here, and this code snippet didn't work for me.

I have two blogs using the Grid format on my site, one of which I want to display the Title and Categories metadata below the image and the other of which I don't want to display anything below the image. I've successfully hidden the titles using this custom css:

section[data-section-id="6269a65dcdc9c255bd1f431f"] .blog-basic-grid--text .blog-title {
}

I can't figure out how to get the metadata to go away, though! I tried the Page Header injection suggested and it didn't work. I'm currently in trial mode on a new site.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:34 PM, JenTerpstra said:

I believe I'm having the same problem listed here, and this code snippet didn't work for me.

I have two blogs using the Grid format on my site, one of which I want to display the Title and Categories metadata below the image and the other of which I don't want to display anything below the image. I've successfully hidden the titles using this custom css:

section[data-section-id="6269a65dcdc9c255bd1f431f"] .blog-basic-grid--text .blog-title {
}

I can't figure out how to get the metadata to go away, though! I tried the Page Header injection suggested and it didn't work. I'm currently in trial mode on a new site.

Can you share link to page where you want to remove metadata? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

4 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Page Header

<style>
.blog-item-meta-wrapper {
}
</style>

This doesn't work for me, either. I currently have the metadata turned on to display Categories so it will show up on the second page and added the code to the Page Header code injection for the blog page and the metadata is still showing up.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:27 AM, JenTerpstra said:

This doesn't work for me, either. I currently have the metadata turned on to display Categories so it will show up on the second page and added the code to the Page Header code injection for the blog page and the metadata is still showing up.

I see no meta data here. Can you take a screenshot?

Or send to forum message

11 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I see no meta data here. Can you take a screenshot?

Attached. The circled part is what I'm trying to get rid of—displayed categories. I've gotten rid of the blog post titles with some CSS:

}

I can't seem to get rid of the display of the categories. I have another page that I'd like to use the Grid blog style on that I need to display the blog post title and categories, and if I turn off categories altogether through the Squarespace options, it removes them from that other page as well. The CSS code for the title text works because it only removes it from a specific page, but I haven't found the right code to do that with the categories metadata as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 2.28.25 PM.png

12 hours ago, JenTerpstra said:

Attached. The circled part is what I'm trying to get rid of—displayed categories. I've gotten rid of the blog post titles with some CSS:

}

I can't seem to get rid of the display of the categories. I have another page that I'd like to use the Grid blog style on that I need to display the blog post title and categories, and if I turn off categories altogether through the Squarespace options, it removes them from that other page as well. The CSS code for the title text works because it only removes it from a specific page, but I haven't found the right code to do that with the categories metadata as well.

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 2.28.25 PM.png

Use this new code to page header

<style>
  span.blog-categories-list {
    display: none !important;
}
</style>

Or send to forum message