How to Format Blog Post Dates in 7.1

Site URL: https://www.floranella.com/recipes/lemon-balm-popsicles

I would like the date to appear above the title on each of my individual blog posts.

Right now, when I enable the date to be visible, it appears above the title in the following format: "Aug 13"

I would like it to appear this way: "August 13, 2019"

I searched the forums for a fix for this and found someone who had created code we could insert in the advanced settings, but when I go to the Code Injection page, it only allows me to paste the code into boxes titled "Header," "Footer," "Lock Page" or "Order Confirmation Page," none of which seem to affect the blog posts at all. I did paste the code into the header box to see what would happen and it did not produce any change.

I am not very tech savvy. If any of you know how to make this change and could walk me through how to do it, I would be so grateful!

[Updated to Add: I have figured out how to get the year to show by inserting code into the footer section (I have attached an image of the code I used and an image of the resulting change), but I have not figured out how to get the full month to display instead of just the first three letters.]

squarespace.png

ss2.png

ss1.png

Edited by ErinSt
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/24/2022 at 2:32 AM, ErinSt said:

Site URL: https://www.floranella.com/recipes/lemon-balm-popsicles

I would like the date to appear above the title on each of my individual blog posts.

Right now, when I enable the date to be visible, it appears above the title in the following format: "Aug 13"

I would like it to appear this way: "August 13, 2019"

I searched the forums for a fix for this and found someone who had created code we could insert in the advanced settings, but when I go to the Code Injection page, it only allows me to paste the code into boxes titled "Header," "Footer," "Lock Page" or "Order Confirmation Page," none of which seem to affect the blog posts at all. I did paste the code into the header box to see what would happen and it did not produce any change.

I am not very tech savvy. If any of you know how to make this change and could walk me through how to do it, I would be so grateful!

[Updated to Add: I have figured out how to get the year to show by inserting code into the footer section (I have attached an image of the code I used and an image of the resulting change), but I have not figured out how to get the full month to display instead of just the first three letters.]

squarespace.png

ss2.png

ss1.png

For the date format, you can try the following guide:

Let me know if it works properly

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 4 months later...