Is there a way to create payment methods via an internet banking QR code

I currently building a website to sell my products online in Thailand for Thai market. I ran into an issue that none of the payment method in Commerce section works in Thailand. I saw web developer in Thailand created a payment method such that once a customer is ready for check-out and payment, a seller creates a QR code which is good for one time payment for that particular transaction which include seller information and total amount due of the purchase. A customer then open his/her internet banking app and scan the QR code for payment. After scanning, a confirmation from the internet banking app shows the seller information and the amount due for payment for the buyer to confirm. After a confirmation click,  the bank transfers the money to the seller account - no transaction fees and a payment slip pops up to the buyer for reference. Seller also receives a copy of the payment slip on this cell phone via their mobile banking app. 

Would it be possible that Square space would add such a payment method on the Commerce section? without it, I need to turn to Thai web developers, which doesn't have variety of templates/design to offer. 

Is there any alternative form of payment that would work with Squarespace template commerce section that anyone in the forum could offer for my consideration? I would greatly appreciate that.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/22/2022 at 2:35 PM, pramote said:

I currently building a website to sell my products online in Thailand for Thai market. I ran into an issue that none of the payment method in Commerce section works in Thailand. Is there any alternative form of payment that would work with Squarespace template commerce section?

It is not possible to use an alternative payment processor with the Squarespace Commerce features. You can only use Stripe or PayPal.

If you need to use an alternative payment method you will also need to use an alternative ecommerce provider like Shopify or Ecwid using their "Buy Buttons". I've linked to some guides that I wrote about using these with Squarespace. As an example here are Shopify's payment methods in Thailand.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 4:55 PM, pramote said:

Shopify’s payment processor and supported payment gateways do not have Thailand

This link should take you straight to the page listing Shopify's payment methods in Thailand.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, paul2009 said:

It is not possible to use an alternative payment processor with the Squarespace Commerce features. You can only use Stripe or PayPal.

If you need to use an alternative payment method you will also need to use an alternative ecommerce provider like Shopify or Ecwid using their "Buy Buttons". I've linked to some guides that I wrote about using these with Squarespace. As an example here are Shopify's payment methods in Thailand.

Hey Paul! facing the same problem on my blog, could you please help me.

6 minutes ago, samalexi said:

facing the same problem on my blog

Can you explain the issue?