Site review

Site URL: https://www.sunnfun.ca/

My site was created about 3 years ago and last year I purchased 100% of the company. I have zero experience with web pages. I have been working on our site making updates, changes and things to make me think it flows better. Making sure the links are all good. I use 7.0 and seen some discussions regarding 7.1, this may resolve some of my issues that I think I have.

Can someone evaluate my website for me and provide me with feedback to see if I am doing the right things to it. I do know there are things that I don't like, is when I have an image, and text to the right side, it does not seem to center correctly. I like colors, that also seems to be an issue.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is harsh, but I think you need to rethink what you are trying to accomplish on your homepage. I'm assuming you want to get people to your showroom, but your site doesn't feature any specific info about your business and it seems like you're an online business. It's not clear that you are a retail seller. Potential customers need to see your logo and some explanation of why they should buy from you and not your competitor. Do you have area exclusives on any of the products? You should say that. Because you want to publish so much information, your home page should only contain content that is directly related to your principal goal. No one wants to scroll that much.  

I think you should delete the covid line and just say "financing is available." TMI and it's only relevant once a customer is ready to commit. 

The home page is way too long and there is no particular order (product, product, covid, product (pools,) financing, product, renovations, products, pools again, "stay tuned", products, info about you in a tiny font, tmi about facebook links, a map that doesn't have your address.)

I would consider using a template with index pages. I find they make it much easier to keep the info organized and the banners can be cool (they can also be a hot mess.)

The images are poor quality and too big.

There are too many links that take you to other websites and you don't want potential customers to click away. Just say no to pdfs.

Shouldn't your address read "Red Deer,  Alberta"?

Your logo is too small.

The sites color palette does not relate to your logo colors. 

The home page should be relevant to both locations (if you don't own the other site, you shouldn't feature it so prominently.)

You probably shouldn't devote your header to a single product's promo video. Get a nice photo of your showroom. 

The images are very poor and you need to reduce the font options.

Your location and hours are buried. 

The site has some small problems. I also provided code to fix

1. (All devices – BBQS) The sizes of the buttons are different.

https://www.sunnfun.ca/grills

www.sunnfun.ca-01-min.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div#page-5e7f47f1d5037c1157b9104e .sqs-block-button .sqs-block-button-element {
    width: 150px !important;
    height: 19px !important;
}

2. (Mobile/Tablet – Homepage) Text is cut into 2 lines.

https://www.sunnfun.ca/

www.sunnfun.ca-02-min.png

@media screen and (max-width: 991px) {
div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1645453256420_35417 h1{ 
white-space: nowrap !important; 
text-align: center !important; 
}
}

Hope it helpful!

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)