Email not working after connecting domain

Hi, I hope someone here can help as I have had no response from Squarespace customer support. This is the latest message I have sent them, it should explain everything - 

-----------

Hi, I am currently testing a trial website and have successfully connected my externally managed domain using the CNAME and A records provided in your help center. I have not changed any MX records  - the help center states my email should continue to work on my original server but it stopped working when I changed the other records. My hosting provider (QIQ) sent this message--

"On checking we could see that the mail server, and the website, are both pointed at Squarespace:

https://rocketscum.net/scripts/quickmxauth.php?domain=simonphillipsdesign.co.uk

If mail is supposed to be pointing at your server, then they need to update their DNS to change the MX record so that it does. Once that happens, mail will work correctly again.
Check this and feel free to ask questions."

I need to get my email working using QIQ hosting and hope you can help sort this out.
I have attached screen grabs of the original QIQ records and the current Squarespace ones.

Thanks,

----------

Are there extra changes I need to make to my DNS records to get my email working? If I can't get my email to work then I will have to abandon the idea of a Squarespace website.

Many thanks,

Si

Squarespace DNS Settings.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images