NEEDED: Sales Report by Category

Site URL: https://www.taitfarmfoodslocal.com/

Squarespace's sales report export does not include the category of each product sold. The item is there but not the category which means my accounting manager has to sort by item name and figure out what category each item belongs to in order to credit to the proper department. I reached out to Squaresapce today and they confirmed this does not exist nor does a current integration to remedy the situation. How is everyone else managing this enormous accounting deficit? My accounting manager is working against me rebuilding two other sites on Squarespace that do much higher ecommerce until I can find a resolution. Please help!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I agree there definately needs to be an analytics report based on unit and monetary sales by category.
In the meantime, the only workaround I have found is to
export the product listing as a CSV file, then sort the Solds column by ascending so it brings all the 0 (zero) items in stock to the top. You can then delete all the non-zero item rows beneath.
Then sort what's left by the category column.