Jump to content

Product pages sidebar nav not indicating which page is active

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.lewisrossignolart.com/

Hello all,

I have had to jump through some pretty big hoops in order to set up the store to the clients specs. At some point, it would seem that the sidebar nav for the product pages stopped functioning correctly. When on a store page, the sidebar nav doesn't indicate which page you are on. 

In my css, I have some code to disable underline on the main menu nav. Instead, I've added some code so that when a page is active, the text has a strike-through. Ideally I would like this strike-through to work for the sidebar as well, but I'd settle for it just being underlined or bolded at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The URL I provided is for the clients old site. The site I'm working on and referencing here is not live.

Link to comment
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dross said:

The URL I provided is for the clients old site. The site I'm working on and referencing here is not live.

To allow us to help you, please provide a working link to the site. If the site isn't live, please set a password in the visibility settings and share this with us too.

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

Link to comment
20 hours ago, paul2009 said:

To allow us to help you, please provide a working link to the site. If the site isn't live, please set a password in the visibility settings and share this with us too.

So sorry I wasn't familiar with how to set this up. I've set the password to bananamonkey. However, I'm not sure if this is the URL I need to share or not. Please let me know if I've done it incorrectly. Thanks so much. 

https://denim-helicon-dxxt.squarespace.com/original-artwork/original-artwork

Link to comment
On 2/18/2022 at 2:40 PM, dross said:

So sorry I wasn't familiar with how to set this up. I've set the password to bananamonkey. However, I'm not sure if this is the URL I need to share or not. Please let me know if I've done it incorrectly. Thanks so much. 

https://denim-helicon-dxxt.squarespace.com/original-artwork/original-artwork

Add to Design > Custom CSS

a.category-link.root.active {
    text-decoration: line-through;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
21 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Design > Custom CSS

a.category-link.root.active {
    text-decoration: line-through;
}

 

I can't thank you enough. This was the last item on my "to do" list for the desktop version. Very relieved to have this solved. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.