Options for managing and restricting access to content

Hi all,

My team and I are currently trying to explore the best strategy for restricting access to content on our website. Ideally it would be access to a specific set of pages.

I have established like most of you that we cannot restrict who can signup to a members area, and that we cannot make unique passwords for pages or the entire site (which poses an issue for us, as we do not want the password shared on).

I have some questions I am hoping someone can help clarify as potential ways around this silly lack of features:

1. Is there a way to add people directly to a members area in Squarespace using their email addresses rather than sending out a link for them to sign up?

2. If people sign up to a members area, is there a way to cap the number of members or remove the "members area" access after a period of time, locking in the members who are signed up to continue seeing the content (but preventing others from signing up)?

3. Is there any value in creating a members area and a password protection behind that login members area wall?

4. Does anyone know any widgets or plug-ins that can be integrated into a Squarespace website to manage and lock down content?

5. I can see that a membership to a members area can be cancelled, but does this "block" a user? i.e. I read in the Squarespace help guides that if someone has their membership cancelled, they can just sign up again and pay. Since we would be putting on a $0 payment fee (the wall is simply for security as this is a free educational course; we would be planning on monitoring the membership notifications and removing anyone unauthorised), we are worried that people who shouldn't be accessing content could just go straight back in.

6. Can you add specific email address as 'contributors' with the 'viewer' role? If so, does this allow any sort of block to content or is this the same issue with everyone having the same password for protection?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with my questions!

Vanessa

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic