Adding field for Company Name During Check Out

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
20 minutes ago, cjanderson said:

Why can't squarespace add another field to the check out screen that includes a company name?

I agree, for B2B transactions a company name field would be really useful. Unfortunately it isn’t possible to add one in an intuitive way because most aspects of the checkout are locked down to prevent changes.

However you can add a custom checkout form to prompt for the company name. The form will appear in its own section, below the Shipping field. For digital and service products, it displays below the Email field. The form name displays as the section title. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
  • John_SQSP changed the title to Adding field for Company Name During Check Out
1 hour ago, TASDEB said:

Is this possible if a programmer adds it?

No. Custom code cannot be added to the checkout page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.