/cart page active on all website

Site URL: http://richardgreencreative.com/cart

Morning All

So I've noticed something within the past week for an issue, that as far as I've checked, is active with EVERY website created by Squarespace - this being that every website has an active cart page, even if you've never physically enabled it and it remains disabled all the time. No page within the Pages section, and disabled within the header edit section.

I have several website that have never used a cart but the page is active.

www.richardgreencreative.com/cart

www.animamusicuk.com/cart

www.greenconltd.com/cart

This is pretty frustrating as it's affecting SEO and website ranking in terms of bounce rate etc.

What's more confusing is that my Google Analytics for my website (www.richardgreencreative.com) is showing data that website visitors are somehow visiting the direct cart URL?!

My question firstly, is how? How are visitors even getting to this cart when I've never had it active and currently has no way of getting to it via anywhere on my site.

Secondly, and most importantly, WHY is is this something that's an issue with every active squarespace website?

Please can admin provide some insight into this and provide a fix to this.

Having this affect website quality by something that I can't seem to deactivate/disable is a little frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Views 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, richardgreencreative said:

I've noticed something within the past week for an issue, that as far as I've checked, is active with EVERY website created by Squarespace - this being that every website has an active cart page

This is normal and shouldn't cause any issues. See previous posts about this here:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your help, Paul.

My main issue here is that it is causing some issues, as some people must be finding the cart page as my Google Analytics account is tracking traffic to the cart page for several of the sites mentioned above.

My own IP is excluded from all of my GA tracking so I know it's not myself creating any traffic data.

Thanks