Jump to content

Made a copy of my site and the H1 font mysteriously changed

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.aboydandhisblog.com

This is a weird one. 

A couple days ago, I purchased some CSS code and, being a novice, made a duplicate site to experiment on so I wouldn't mess up my existing site. For some reason, the act of doing this changed my H1 font from League Spartan, which I use in all my headings, to...something else. H2, H3, and H4 were totally unaffected. 

Here's the CSS as it exists now:

css-code-font.thumb.png.781b132f404d3a5641cef4ab0a83c83b.png

I'm very new to this, so my first thought was the "src: url" was missing, and if I pasted the source URLs of the fonts back in, that might fix it. But when I did, nothing happened:

css-with-urls.thumb.png.d8a8d5bc634f56dfcb4676b09d7e85ab.png

 

For reference, here's how my H1 looks:

font-test.png.5955edff08f308550268ed515eed634d.png

And here's how it should look, using my H2 and H3's: 

league-spartan.thumb.png.4c39dd270f54c98a76864e8668207321.png

So my questions are pretty straightforward:
1) How could duplicating a site change the original site's coding?
2) How can I fix this so my H1 goes back to displaying the correct font?

Link to comment
  • Replies 1
  • Views 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/16/2022 at 4:59 AM, LAVATORR said:

Site URL: https://www.aboydandhisblog.com

This is a weird one. 

A couple days ago, I purchased some CSS code and, being a novice, made a duplicate site to experiment on so I wouldn't mess up my existing site. For some reason, the act of doing this changed my H1 font from League Spartan, which I use in all my headings, to...something else. H2, H3, and H4 were totally unaffected. 

Here's the CSS as it exists now:

css-code-font.thumb.png.781b132f404d3a5641cef4ab0a83c83b.png

I'm very new to this, so my first thought was the "src: url" was missing, and if I pasted the source URLs of the fonts back in, that might fix it. But when I did, nothing happened:

css-with-urls.thumb.png.d8a8d5bc634f56dfcb4676b09d7e85ab.png

 

For reference, here's how my H1 looks:

font-test.png.5955edff08f308550268ed515eed634d.png

And here's how it should look, using my H2 and H3's: 

league-spartan.thumb.png.4c39dd270f54c98a76864e8668207321.png

So my questions are pretty straightforward:
1) How could duplicating a site change the original site's coding?
2) How can I fix this so my H1 goes back to displaying the correct font?

Do your old site and the link of custom font on it still exist?

Edited by bangank36

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.